Also known as: Pre-Cana or Marriage Preparation
El Programa de Preparación Matrimonial en Español se encuentra disponible 6 veces al año. para registrarse porfavor contacte su oficina parroquial o haga click en el link inferior, desgargue la forma y envíela por correo.
Para mayor información contacte la Oficina de Matrimonio y Familia.
Marriage Preparation Checklist:
- Call your parish – 8 to 12 months before wedding
- Initial parish meeting – 8 months before wedding
- Register for and attend diocesan Marriage Conference – 3-10 months before wedding
- Register for and attend an introductory Natural Family Planning Course – 5 to 6 months before wedding (suggested but not required)
- Final parish meeting – 4 to 6 weeks before wedding
- Sacrament of Reconciliation – 1 to 2 weeks before wedding (suggested but not required)
The Diocesan Marriage Conference is designed to be an engaging, enriching, and beautiful presentation of the teachings of our faith.
Our one-day Marriage Conference, offered at the Catholic Center (238 Jewett Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06606) is a full-day of formation, dialogue among the couple, and reflection. The content presented in the Unveiled program is relevant, aesthetically pleasing and solidly built on the tenets of our faith. The day will also include a bag of supplemental conference materials for the couple, continental breakfast, hot lunch, snacks, and an opportunity for Reconciliation.
The Marriage Conference is designed to share in Christ’s vision for married love including the theology of marriage, communication, intimacy, and married spirituality. At the end of the Conference, couples will understand the fundamental components of the human and spiritual elements of sacramental marriage and be empowered to live out that vision in the world.
What Do You Discuss During the Day?
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Why Get Married in the Catholic Church?
- The Nature of Christian Marriage
- Fertility, Married Sexuality and the Language of the Body
- Mixed Faith Marriages
- Spirituality in Marriage
- Common Challenges in Married Life
All Marriage Conferences are offered on the dates listed below. The scheduled length of Conference attendance is morning hospitality beginning at 8:00am and the day ending at 5:30pm. Please plan accordingly.
Please choose the Marriage Preparation Conference you would like to attend below. After choosing your Marriage Conference date, you will be asked for further information to complete your registration and payment.
The fee for the Marriage Conference is $200 per couple. This is a one-time fee which covers your whole day, including conference materials, breakfast, hot lunch, and snacks. You do not need to bring anything to the conference.
Once you have completed your registration, you will receive a confirmation email noting the date of your scheduled conference.
|April 29, 2017|
|May 20, 2017||June 10, 2017|
|July 22, 2017||August 12, 2017|