Welcome to the web page for Bishop Frank J. Caggiano, Fifth Bishop of Bridgeport! We hope these pages become an informative and vibrant resource to learn about the Bishop and his activities at the Diocese.
- Office of the Bishop Staff Contact Information
- Audio, Videos, and Photostream
- Bishop Caggiano’s Biography
- A look back at Bishop Caggiano’s Announcement and Installation
Fast Facts about Bishop Caggiano:
- Born in the Gravesend section of Brooklyn on Easter Sunday March 29, 1959, the second of two children.
- Earned a bachelor of arts degree in philosophy from Cathedral College, a master of divinity from Immaculate Conception Seminary, and a licentiate and doctorate in theology from the Gregorian University, Rome.
- Ordained to the priesthood on May 16, 1987 in the chapel of the Immaculate Conception Center in Douglaston, Queens.
- Named Auxiliary Bishop of Brooklyn and Titular Bishop of Inis Cathaig by Pope Benedict XV on June 6, 2006.
- Installed as Fifth Bishop of Bridgeport on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at St. Theresa Church in Trumbull.
- Formally convoked the 4th Synod of the Diocese of Bridgeport on February 22, 2014, the first in 32 years.