Application Deadline: March 15, 2016
The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund’s mission is to help families afford a Catholic education. In this past year, the BSF awarded over $2,000,000 in aid to families at the Diocesan elementary schools in Fairfield County. Please carefully read through all of the sections below to learn how you can apply. Award notifications begin on April 1, 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for a scholarship?
- All families who have a child or children registered, or are considering registering, in a Diocesan sponsored Catholic Elementary school in Fairfield County (Grades Pre K-8) and are in financial need of tuition assistance. Even if you have applied for and/or received an award in the past from any of our programs, you must fill out and submit a new application for the 2016-2017 school year. Aid will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to families who demonstrate need.
- What is the deadline?
- Only completed applications submitted with all required supporting documents will be considered. The deadline for submitting an application is Tuesday, March 15, 2016. Completed applications received after this date will still be considered but will not be given priority for the 2016-2017 school year.
- How to apply?
- Complete the Grant and Aid application at www.FACTSmgt.com/aid and submit the required supporting documentation. We highly recommend that you scan and upload the documents rather than mail or fax them, which can significantly delay their processing. Please note that there is a non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee. Only one application per family is required.
- How are scholarships awarded?
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility
- Financial Need
- Timing of when application is received and completed
- Notifications will be sent to families beginning April 1, 2016. An application will not be considered for an award until it is fully completed and ALL supporting documentation is received.
- You will be given a deadline to accept the award; credit to your tuition account will be made once your registration and enrollment process is complete.
Please note that although every effort is made to grant a scholarship to all those in need that are eligible for our programs, there is limiting funding available on a yearly basis. If you are denied an award, please reach out to school administration about additional options that may be available to you.
- Eligible schools
- All Saints Catholic School, Norwalk, CT
Assumption Catholic School, Fairfield, CT
Catholic Academies of Bridgeport – St. Andrew Campus, Bridgeport, CT
Catholic Academies of Bridgeport – St. Ann Campus, Bridgeport, CT
Catholic Academies of Bridgeport – St. Augustine Campus, Bridgeport, CT
Catholic Academies of Bridgeport – St. Raphael Campus, Bridgeport, CT
Greenwich Catholic School, Greenwich, CT
Holy Spirit School, Stamford, CT
Our Lady of Fatima School, Wilton, CT
Our Lady Star of the Sea School, Stamford, CT
St. Aloysius School, New Canaan, CT
St. Catherine of Siena School, Trumbull, CT
St. Cecilia School, Stamford, CT
St. Gregory the Great School, Danbury, CT
St. James School, Stratford, CT
St. Joseph School, Brookfield, CT
St. Joseph School, Danbury, CT
St. Joseph School, Shelton, CT
St. Jude School, Monroe, CT
St. Lawrence School, Shelton, CT
St. Mark School, Stratford, CT
St. Mary School, Bethel, CT
St. Mary School, Ridgefield, CT
St. Peter School, Danbury, CT
St. Rose of Lima School, Newtown, CT
St. Theresa School, Trumbull, CT
St. Thomas Aquinas School, Fairfield, CT
Trinity Catholic Middle School, Stamford, CT
- What documents will you need?
- 2014 or 2015 1040 Tax Return
- First and Second page of the Federal 1040 tax forms from the applicant and co-applicant, if applicable. The second page of the 1040(s) must be signed.
- Include any relevant schedules filed with your 1040.
- If you cannot locate your tax return, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request a transcript.
- If you do not file taxes contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request verification of non-filing.
2015 W-2 Forms
- Mailed out in January
- If not received by January 31, contact your employer
- I’m having trouble uploading my forms.
- It is best to find a way to scan your documents. Faxing or mailing the forms to FACTS will significantly slow down the processing of your application and you may miss the deadline for completion. Please contact your school for assistance.
- It’s asking for a Schedule from my tax return, but I don’t think I filed one.
- It is asking for a Schedule (often C, K, etc) because one of the fields you completed on your tax return indicates that you filed that schedule. It must be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Bridgeport offer children and their families an opportunity for growth and success through lifetime learning and faith formation.
Our 35 schools offer a strong academic program, a values-based approach centered on a relationship with Jesus Christ and a safe and secure learning community.
While each of our schools already receives financial support from the diocese to reduce tuition costs, I am very pleased to announce the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund to ensure that a Catholic education continues to be accessible and affordable for years to come.
The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistance on an annual basis for students to attend diocesan-sponsored schools. It will help us to provide scholarships for poor, working and middle class families, particularly those with more than one child enrolled in our schools.
Through the generosity of donors who believe in the mission of our Catholic schools, this new fund will enable students from all over Fairfield County to enroll in a diocesan-sponsored Catholic school.
I am very proud of our students, who achieve so much in academics and athletics, and I am even more encouraged by their life of faith and virtue. Every day our children rise to the challenge of greatness and allow God to shine through them.
The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund will make it possible for us to pass on the great gift of Catholic education to future generations.
Most Reverend Frank J. Caggiano