Note: We are in the process of updating these figures for the 2019 Annual Catholic Appeal. Below are distribution totals for the 2018 Appeal.
Planned Allocation of 2018 Annual Catholic Appeal Funds
Each year, the Diocese of Bridgeport assesses its financial resources, the needs of parishioners and its ability to respond effectively and with compassion. This illustration is an overview of how your Appeal contributions will be distributed:
Catholic Education $1,750,000
To benefit the works of the Catholic Academy of Bridgeport and Bishop’s Scholarship Fund.
- Bishop’s Scholarship Fund $1,150,000
- Catholic Academy of Bridgeport $600,000
Works of Charity and Pastoral Services $2,578,000
To benefit the works of Catholic Charities and pastoral care of the sick and elderly.
- Catholic Charities of Fairfield County $1,250,000
- Pastoral Care of the Sick and Elderly $775,000
- Saint Catherine Center for Special Needs $250,000
- Ethnic Ministries and Strategic Planning $303,000
Catechesis and Evangelization $1,689,000
To benefit the works of catechesis, evangelization, communications and social media.
- The Office of Lifelong Formation $250,000
- Youth $340,000
- The Leadership Institute $81,000
- Pastoral Life and Ministries $383,000
- Communications $635,000
To benefit the formation of priests and deacons and pastoral care of retired priests.
- Formation of Priests and Deacons $1,242,000
- Pastoral Care of Retired Priests $1,760,000
- Vocations $454,000
*In the spirit of financial transparency, the cost to conduct the Annual Catholic Appeal totals less than 5.5 cents on the dollar based on the 2018 ACA goal. Fundraising expenses may also provide additional support to a number of these areas.