Benefits of Advance Planning
No one wants to think about it, but the purchase of cemetery property in advance of need, is the smart thing to do! Sometime in the distant future you will be thankful you took care of this important matter now.
While death might seem like the end of the road, Christians believe it is just a beginning. “In the face of death, the Church confidently proclaims that God has created each person for eternal life and that Jesus, the Son of God, by his death and resurrection, had broken the chains of sin and death that bound humanity” (Order of Christian Funerals (OCF), No. 1). This maxim guides the Christian approach to funerals.
There needs to be direct communication with the parish and funeral home. Usually, funeral homes are fully aware of each parish’s expectations and regulations. But it is important to be in communication with the parish directly. Perhaps someone can be appointed within the family to be the point person for this communication, depending on the circumstances.
There are many benefits to planning your own funeral and final arrangements. Here are a few:
- You and your loved ones make the decisions around your funeral together, and you do not leave important arrangements to others.
- Your children do not have to make difficult decisions regarding your funeral arrangements and are clear in what your wishes are.
- You are under normal emotional circumstances when a loved one passes away, which could make decisions more difficult.
- You have time to make the right decisions for you and your family.
- You can purchase cemetery property out of current income and current prices.
- The purchase of cemetery property is an inevitable task.
- At a time of need, cemetery property must be paid in full.
You can make your final arrangements now, based on one of the above reasons, or you can wait until you have to decide at a time of great emotional stress, when families can be overwhelmed by options and responsibilities. Our team is always ready to help you.