For the protection of all mourners and burial crews during the Covid-19 pandemic, all diocesan Catholic Cemeteries will be following new interment protocols. We appreciate your consideration during this difficult and uncertain time. Click to learn more ››
All In-ground Burials and Mausoleum Entombments (COVID-19 and non COVID-19)
- Burials service will take place with immediate family only maximum. A maximum of 100 people can attend each burial service.
- Burial crews will wear full protective suits during all burials, including gloves and masks.
- Chairs for burial services will be limited and social distancing applied.
- For the safety of our families and our employees, our field crew will have minimal contact with family and funeral directors.
- Casket or cremains will be buried, entombed, inurned without family present (funeral director only) – no exceptions.
- Mausoleum funeral service (entombment) will occur outside in front of the mausoleum. (Weather permitting)
Cemetery Office Procedures
- Please call your cemetery office to arrange an appointment. All cemetery offices remain open at normal hours.
- We encourage all non-essential cemetery questions to be conducted via email, USPS, or telephone whenever possible.
- A maximum of two family members will be allowed in our offices at one time in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Any communications or interactions related to a COVID-19 burial will be handled with an abundance of caution. If you have questions, concerns, or need further clarification, please call our office: (203) 416-1494.
“At the Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Bridgeport, we are committed to providing cemetery property for the sacred religious function of burial. We are also committed to perserving these resting places as a symbol of our Catholic belief. Some of our cemeteries offer community mausoleums for those who prefer above ground burial.”
Dean Gestal, Director of Catholic Cemeteries