The Diocesan Marriage Preparation Class is designed to be an engaging, enriching, and beautiful presentation of the teachings of our faith. Use this page to read more and to register for required classes, offered several times throughout the year.
Marriage Preparation Checklist Summary
|Call your parish||8 to 12 months before wedding|
|Initial parish meeting||8 months before wedding|
|Register for and attend a diocesan Marriage Preparation Class (see bottom of post to register)||3 to 10 months before wedding|
|Register for and attend an introductory Natural Family Planning Course (suggested but not required)||5 to 6 months before wedding|
|Final parish meeting||4 to 6 weeks before wedding|
|Sacrament of Reconciliation (suggested but not required)||1 to 2 weeks before wedding|
Please visit our detailed MARRIAGE PREPARATION CHECKLIST page for more information!
Marriage Preparation Class
Our one-day Marriage Preparation class is a full-day of formation, dialogue among the couple, and reflection. The content presented in the Unveiled program is relevant, aesthetically pleasing and solidly built on the tenets of our faith.
The Marriage Preparation class is designed to share in Christ’s vision for married love including the theology of marriage, communication, intimacy, and married spirituality. At the end of the day, couples will understand the fundamental components of the human and spiritual elements of sacramental marriage and be empowered to live out that vision in the world.
The price for this preparation class is $220, which can be paid online when you register.
2018-19 Class Registration
The following dates are available (all dates are Saturdays).
Click on a date to register.
- May 11, 2019 – Catholic Center, 238 Jewett Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06606
- May 18, 2019 – Catholic Center, 238 Jewett Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06606
- June 15, 2019 * – Immaculate High School, 73 Southern Blvd., Danbury, CT 06810
- June 29, 2019 – Catholic Center, 238 Jewett Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06606
- July 13, 2019 – Catholic Center, 238 Jewett Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06606
* indicates Spanish available
What topics are discussed during class?
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Why Get Married in the Catholic Church?
- The Nature of Christian Marriage
- Fertility, Married Sexuality and the Language of the Body
- Mixed Faith Marriages
- Spirituality in Marriage
- Common Challenges in Married Life
- 8:30 am — Registration and hospitality
- 9:00 am — Morning prayer and opening session
- Noon — Lunch and reconciliation
- 1:00 pm — Afternoon session
- 4:30 pm — Wrap up and closing prayer
- 5:00 pm — Dismissal