Trumbull CT. The Parish of Saint Catherine of Siena (220 Shelton Road, Trumbull) will celebrate The Solemnity of St. Joseph on Friday, March 19, 2021. St. Joseph is the spouse of Mary, the holy Mother of God, and the earthly step-father of Jesus Christ. Pope Francis has declared that this is the Year of Saint Joseph, which coincides with the 150th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church.
At this Mass, a new stained glass window will be blessed and dedicated in the church. The new window will depict ten Saints and Blesseds who lived in recent centuries, and who represent various states of life in the Church, as follows:
- Saint Gianna Beretta Molla: wife, mother, doctor
- Saint André Bessette: Religious Brother
- Blessed Chiara Luce Badano: young lay woman
- Saint John Henry Newman: priest and theologian
- Saints Louis & Zélie Martin: married couple; parents of St Therese of Lisieux; the first married couple to be canonized together; their feast day is July 12, their wedding anniversary
- Blessed Michael McGivney: diocesan priest and founder of the Knights of Columbus
- Saint Josephine Bakhita: Religious Sister
- Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati: young lay man
- Saint Teresa of Calcutta: Religious Sister and foundress of the Missionaries of Charity
The window will be located just beside our baptismal font, and its location is intentional. The window will serve to highlight the important truth that through the Sacrament of Baptism comes the vocation to holiness in all the various states of life in the Church: marriage, single life, priesthood, and consecrated life.
Mass will be held on Friday, March 19, at 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to join in the celebration giving thanks to God for the life and example of St. Joseph, step-father of Jesus Christ, and Patron of the Universal Church.
Because of Covid-19 restrictions, seat reservations are required for Mass. There is no charge for seat reservations to attend Mass. The reservation portal will open on Tuesday, March 16 at 10:00am. The link to register is on the Parish Website at www.StCathTrumbull.com. The Mass will also be live-streamed on our Parish Website, YouTube channel and Facebook page. For information, please contact the Parish Office at (203) 377-3133.
The Parish of Saint Catherine of Siena warmly welcomes anyone who is new to our area, anyone who is searching for the truth, or anyone who is looking for a spiritual home. We are joyfully and faithfully Roman Catholic in belief and practice – a community of faith, worship, service, and formation – and with open hearts we invite all our brothers and sisters into a living and saving friendship with the Lord Jesus Christ, in the communion of His One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. We are conveniently located at 220 Shelton Road in the Nichols area of Trumbull.