BRIDGEPORT—The Leadership Institute has added a few more face-to-face meetings in English and Spanish for those ministers who could not attend the previous sessions.
The Remaining Face-to-Face Sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, 28 May 2019, 5:30 PM, St. Roch’s Church, Greenwich (Espanol/ Spanish)
- Tuesday, 28 May 2019, 7:30 PM, St. Mary Parish, Greenwich
- Wednesday, 29 May 2019, 7:30 PM, St. Patrick Church, Redding
- Thursday, 6 June 2019, 5:00 PM, Basilica of Saint John the Evangelist, Stamford
- Thursday, 6 June 2019, 7:00 PM, St. Joseph, Shelton (Espanol/ Spanish)
- No sessions will be scheduled after June 10, 2019.
Luncheon for Ministry Coordinators
There will also be a luncheon for ministry coordinators, priests and parish staff that have assisted in the process of the promulgation of the new liturgical norms. Please join us at noon on Friday, June 21, 2019 at the Catholic Center (238 Jewett Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06606) for lunch so Bishop Caggiano can thank you personally for all you have done to bring your liturgical ministers into compliance. Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 18, 2019. All mandates will be distributed at this time.
Formation for the Assembly
To help those not in formation learn more about the norms and how we can all work to become more prepared to celebrate Mass in our parishes, the following has been scheduled:
- In the May issue of the Fairfield County Catholic, you will have seen a two-page spread of the most frequently asked questions that have been asked during the face-to-face sessions.
- In the June issue of the Fairfield County Catholic, you will see a two-page spread on suggestions for preparing for Mass.
- During the weekend Masses for Corpus Christi (June 23, 2019), all priests and deacons are asked to preach on the appropriate way to receive Holy Communion, the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and how we all can reverently prepare ourselves to receive the Lord in the Eucharist.
(For more information contact Patrick Donovan at: 203.416.1657 or via email at: email@example.com.)