Welcome! The Triumphant Heart of Mary Immaculate Chapter of Magnificat, Diocese of Bridgeport, is incorporated in the State of Connecticut.
Magnificat is a ministry to Catholic Women whose purpose is to help women be more open to the Holy Spirit through a deeper commitment of their lives to Jesus as Lord, and to impart the Holy Spirit to one another by their love, service, and sharing the good news of salvation.
It thus provides opportunities which will foster a desire to grow in holiness. It has great appeal to those women who may be struggling with faith or who have lost touch with the church.
Membership in Magnificat Is of a spiritual nature, conferred for life and open to all women who:
- Strive to INCORPORATE in their lives the purposes and objectives of Magnificat, and
- Agree to PRAY for Magnificat and its members.
There are no dues. We depend upon free-will donations to subsidize our activities.
Tel: (203) 775-3875
Roxane Angotta – Assistant Coordinator
Maureen Coudert – Treasurer
Janet Moore – Historian (Acting)
Ellen Ober– Secretary
Father Lawrence Carew – Spiritual Advisor
Send your prayer requests to:
Mary’s Song of Praise
In these words of the Magnificat, Mary proclaimed to Elizabeth her gratitude for the wonderful action of God in her life. The beautiful visitation scene from the gospel of Luke (1:39-56) is the inspiration for this woman-to-woman ministry, which adopts the name of Mary’s hymn of praise and the spirit of this biblical encounter as its own.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
My spirit rejoices in God my savior for He has looked with favor on His lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed:
The Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is His name.
He has mercy on those who fear Him in every generation.
He has shown the strength of His arm,
He has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich He has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of His servant Israel
for He has remembered His promise of Mercy,
the promise He made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children forever.
What Are Our Objectives?
To encourage growth in holiness through:
- Daily personal prayer
- Knowing the love of God the Father
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Experiencing the presence and power of the Holy Spirit and openness to the gifts of the Spirit
- Frequent participation in the sacraments of the Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Study and daily reading of the sacred Scriptures
- Love for and loyalty to the Catholic church, as expressed through her teaching authority, the pope and bishops in communion with him
- Serving the needs of the Church and the world
- Love and devotion to Mary, mother and model
- Appreciation of the vocation of Christian women
- Reverence for the sanctity of life
- Fostering the works of intercessory prayer
- Promoting unity
Click here for information on
Walking with a purpose