BRIDGEPORT—Bishop Frank J. Caggiano is excited to build upon the momentum established with the JPII Fund grant awards in 2018 by raising the bar with a deeper focus on Reimagining Faith Formation!
According to Bishop Caggiano, we will actively seek religious education and youth ministry programs that create “innovation so great we will be compelled to replicate it in other parishes.”
All parishes are welcome to apply for funding. The application due date has now been extended from April 1 to April 15.
Criteria: Grants may be used for projects in parishes within the Diocese of Bridgeport that strive to:
- · Creatively energize faith formation
- · Engage individuals/groups that have been underserved
- · Enhance ministry to welcome extended family members
Funding: Grants in 2019 will range from $2,000 to $10,000
- · April 15, 2019- Completed Applications are due (reflects two-week extension)
- · June, 2019- Decisions about funding will be approved by the Foundations in Faith Board
- · August 2019- Funding decisions will be announced and distributed to recipients
- · September 25, 2019- Bishops Reception to congratulate all of the awardees
- · January 15, 2020- Mid-year report due (template to be provided)
- · May 1, 2020 -Final Report/survey due (template to be provided)
A small committee of Foundations in Faith board members and diocesan community representatives will review the submitted applications and make funding recommendations to the board at the annual meeting in June. Awardees will be notified once approved.
The new, improved and easy to use fillable form application can be found here: St. John Paul II Fund Application. Simply fill it out and click submit to send in your completed application. Application due date has been extended and are now due April 15, 2019.
(Please contact Kelly Weldon at Kelly.Weldon@diobpt.org with any questions.)