TRUMBULL—Tickets are still available for the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Fairfield County and Connecticut Chapters National Philanthropy Day Annual Awards and Conference on November 8, 2019, at the Trumbull Marriott and Conference Center. This full day of professional workshops includes guest speakers, networking opportunities, and more. The conference is open to the public and professional fundraisers, consultants, board members, volunteers, and other nonprofit leaders can benefit from the educational sessions offered.
The day begins at 8 am with an awards breakfast honoring and recognizing donors, volunteers and professionals whose gifts of time, expertise and resources contribute significantly to the quality of life in our communities. Immediately following are educational programs which focus on board leadership and governance, fundraising best practices, marketing and communication, and organizational challenges. Sessions will be presented by local, experienced non-profit leaders and partners to help strengthen the work being done in our communities.
- The Funders Perspective with Jay Williams, President, Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
- Disruptive Changes in the Fundraising Landscape with Ninette Enrique, Director of Development, St. Luke’s School
- Maximizing Your Social Media with John Grosso, Director of Digital Media, Diocese of Bridgeport
- Data Mining – Finding the Gems in our Midst with Kenn Devane, President and CEO, Mine Tech, Inc
- Leveraging Your Board and Key Donors To Be Your Best Asset with Mary Franco, Principal, MGF Consulting
- Creating a Culture of Philanthropy with Holly Doherty-Lemoine, CFRE, Executive Director, Foundations in Education
- The Keys to Marketing and Branding with Carol Cheney, President, Cheney & Co
- Measuring Staff Performance: It’s Not Just About the Money with Lisa Ferraro, CFRE, Director of Development and Marketing, Eagle Hill School
- A Conversation on Best Practices for Board Leadership with Paul J. Sutera, CFRE, Senior Vice President for Advancement and External Affairs, Iona College, and Andrew J. Dolce, Iona College Trustee/Stockton University Trustee and Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Dolce Hotels and Resorts.
- Building Financial Rapport with Donors with Steve Jakab, CFRE, President, Bridgeport Hospital Foundation and Larry Raff, President, Copley Raff, Inc
- Philanthropic Driven Goals, Data Driven Marketing (How to Avoid the Mission Trap) with David A. Snyder, President, Snyder Group Inc
- Culture, Caring, Communication: How To Create the Conditions To Attract and Retain Talented Staff with Don Hasseltine, Senior Consultant, Aspen Leadership Group
Then enjoy a banquet luncheon featuring nationally acclaimed author, activist, fundraiser and speaker Dan Pallotta, Founder and President, Add Humanity and the Charity Defense Council. Dan Pallotta is a builder of movements. His model and methods he created are employed by dozens of charities and have raised over $1.5 billion more for important causes. His 2013 TED Talk has been seen more than 4.7 million times and is one of the 100 most-viewed Talks of all time. He is also the author of “Uncharitable: How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential,” the best-selling title in the history of Tufts University Press.
The afternoon offers round table learning moderated by experts and non-profit leaders and will close with Power Hour Networking.
Whether you are new to the field of fundraising or an experienced professional or philanthropist, you will find workshops to inspire and educate. Advanced registration is required. Ticket prices vary and include options such as Student ($125); AFP Members ($175); and Non-AFP Members ($225). Tickets for the Awards Breakfast Only ($50) are also available.
AFP works with corporate partners and organizations that provide high-quality professional services to those engaged in the fundraising profession. Sponsorships help AFP in producing this year’s conference and as a sponsor, companies will receive exposure through printed and digital materials, social media, on-site promotion and more! Thank you to the early sponsors Ability Beyond, Aquarion Water, Bank of America Private Bank, bloomerang, CCS Fundraising, compumail, Diocese of Bridgeport & Foundations in Education, EveryAction, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, First County Bank, Iona College, Iroquois Gas, Little Green Light, MCommunications, New Alliance Foundation, Nuvance Health, Principal, Valley Community Foundation, Webster Bank, and Yale New Haven Health.
(For more information or to purchase tickets or become a sponsor, please visit www.afpfairfield.org/NPD2019.)
AFP empowers individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research and advocacy. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 31,000 members in more than 240 chapters throughout the word. AFP Fairfield County and AFP Connecticut chapters promote AFP values statewide.
(To learn about the benefits of AFP Membership, please visit http://www.afpfairfield.org/.)