WHAT: St. Vincent’s Medical Center and Aquarion Water Company are launching the 12th Annual “House of Hope” Food Drive with a blessing and ribbon cutting ceremony. Running until November 16, 2022, the House of Hope aims to help reduce hunger throughout the Greater Bridgeport area by addressing food insecurity.
BACKGROUND: In an effort to fight hunger with healthy foods, the organizers ask specifically for donations of nutritious, non-perishable, non-expired items. Last year more than 10 tons of food were donated and organizers hope to meet or surpass that total this year. The House of Hope Committee is taking a step beyond simply collecting food by attempting to educate both recipients and donors alike about healthy food choices. Suggestions for healthier food donations are listed on the back of all flyers supporting the drive.
- William M. Jennings, SVP & Fairfield Region President, Hartford HealthCare
- Donald J. Morrissey, President, Aquarion Water Company
- Bill Hoey, Vice President, Mission Integration, Fairfield Region, Hartford HealthCare
- Peter Fazekas, Director, Communications, Aquarion Water Company
- George Logan, Co-Chair, 2021 House of Hope Committee (Aquarion)
- Ann Gorton, Co-Chair, 2021 House of Hope Committee (St. Vincent’s)
- Representatives from Recipient Organizations: Bridgeport Rescue Mission (Bridgeport) | Healthy Choices for Seniors (Bridgeport) | Port 5 Naval Veterans (Bridgeport) | Spooner House (Shelton) | Sterling House (Stratford) | The Thomas Merton Center (Bridgeport)
WHEN: Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM
WHERE: House of Hope at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, in front of the Cancer Center entrance
2800 Main Street | Bridgeport, CT 06606